MOR is also bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). MOR will only collect, use or disclose personal information about you in accordance with that Act. Please read the following policy to understand how MOR deals with the personal information that it collects about you.
When we talk about personal information we are referring to the definition in the Privacy Act which states that:
"Personal information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES MOR COLLECT?
MOR collects personal information from a wide variety of sources including this website. We only collect information that is necessary for one or more or our functions or activities, and we only keep it for as long as we may require it for a legitimate business purpose.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read the pages or download information then our website will automatically record some information about your visit to the site. The type of information that will be collected includes the type of web browser and operating system that you are using, the date and time of visit to or site and the web pages that you accessed. If you linked to our site from another site then that information will also be recorded. We may use this information for statistical analysis but the system does not record personal information about individuals unless you volunteer it.
Among the personal information that MOR commonly collects is the following:
- Name, address and telephone numbers;
- Transaction records, including those relating to your purchases or other business dealings with us;
- Records of any queries or complaints that you may make;
- E-mail address where the individual has:
- selected to register for information service via the Website or has contacted the MOR Consumer Enquiries Team by email;
- otherwise contacted us by email; or
- otherwise been requested to provide an email address;
- provided an email address through promotions, competitions or customer surveys;
- Recordings of some telephone calls to Consumer Enquiries; and
- Any other information that an individual has provided to us as a result of any dealing, transaction or negotiation with us.
When we collect personal information from an individual, we ensure that we do so in a fair manner. We will also use our best efforts to let the individual know:
- how to contact us
- why we are collecting the information;
- the organisation or types of organization to which we usually disclose that kind of information;
- if we are required by law to collect that information; and
- the consequences for you if the information is not provided
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The National Privacy Principles require that, other than for certain specified exceptions, we only use your information for the purpose for which it was collected or a purpose related to that purpose. Some of the purposes for which we commonly use your information are as follows:
- provide you with news and information about our products and services or a third party business which we believe may be of interest to you;
- to assist in providing our products and services to you;
- to assist with any calls that you make to MOR Consumer Enquiries;
- to communicate promotional offers and special events; and for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
However, MOR may also use information for any other purpose for which the information was provided and for purposes reasonably related to that purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, and also:
- to any person where necessary or desirable in connection with our provision of services to you, such as to regulatory authorities, or other partners or advisors (whether in Australia or overseas)
- to other members of the MOR group of companies (in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy).
- on a confidential basis to external service providers so that they can provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business,
- to our our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- in connection with any sale of our business (or any part of it);
- as required by law subject to our professional obligations, as permitted under the National Privacy Principles; and
- with your consent.
You will generally be given the opportunity to "opt out" from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you - for example, by unsubscribing from e-newsletters and other marketing or promotional material sent by us. You can do so by either clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
In relation to this Website, MOR collects, uses and discloses information in the following ways:
MOR's web servers (and feedback forms on the web) gather your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our Website, and to gather broad user information (for example, which areas of our site are visited most frequently). Such user information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
A cookie is a small data file. MOR does not use permanent cookies that are stored on your hard drive after you have visited our Website. However, we do use temporary cookies which are only stored on your hard drive for the duration of a single browser session. These temporary cookies allow our servers to keep a record of where users have visited on our Website. Users who do not want to receive cookies can configure their web browsers to refuse them; however doing so may prevent some part of our Website from working.
Information submitted by email or online forms
Users may choose to supply MOR with information either via email links from the Website, or by completing and submitting one or more of the forms which are available on the Website.
CONSUMER ENQUIRY CENTRE - PRIVACY STATEMENT
Calls to MOR Consumer Enquiries (Calls) may be recorded for quality, training and verification purposes. Even if your Call is not recorded, Consumer Enquiries may collect information that you provide during the Calls. In relation to information provided during Calls, MOR collects, uses and discloses information in the following ways:
- Customer Service - MOR will use the information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality - If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a MOR stockist or distributor then the information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question.
Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training - MOR may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification - If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of MOR products then MOR may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. MOR may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you which we hold, when it is no longer needed by us.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. All partners and staff with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations however we cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws).
ACCESSING AND CHECKING THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from or about you is accurate, complete and up to date whenever it is used, collected or disclosed. You are entitled to access your information if you wish and subject to any legal restrictions, we would be happy to advise you what personal information we hold about you if you request this.
There may be some cost to you to cover the cost of retrieving and professing the information.
We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide us. If you think that we may hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please contact us and we will correct any errors or inaccuracies where required.
If at any time you wish to know what information we are holding about you, you are welcome to request your details by contacting us.
This policy represents our policy as at 12.12pm, 03 July 2012, we may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on MOR in any way.
From time to time, we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy and MOR may do so, subject only to any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.
In this policy, references to MOR are to MOR Corporation Australia Pty Limited (ACN 138 925 596), which has issued this policy. This policy is also adopted by all MOR subsidiaries and related bodies corporate which are subject to the Act.